Tuesday, August 9

on the bus to London

I did knitting and caught up on podcasts -  99% invisible - for a story about the worst smell in the world then a piece about 'sewbots' at Planet Money. Yesterday's best show was Freakanomics  about racial profiling in restaurants if there were shows like these in Spanish I'd be fluent in no time - if anyone knows of any good ones please send me the links.

yes I am still trying to speak Spanish like a native - did I mention that I'm off to Spain soon?

Dolores and I still have our regular spanglish meetings, we speak Spanish one visit then English the next - today was English day and, as she is a professional sportsperson, we discussed the fashion for 'cupping' amongst athletes.

When it is my turn to speak Spanish I seem to always end up talking about insects 

4 comments:

  1. And now my odd-wired brain has Basil Fawlty opening a spa at The Towers and trying cupping on Manuel as practice...
    I need coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent opportunity to be in Spain. Just go out and about and use your Spanish. I'm sure you'll be very good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails