Tuesday, May 9

I'm in Bethnal Green




keeping company with a large male cat in a tiny ground floor flat. I'm under instructions not to give in to Porky's requests for more food and must watch out for the lady who sometimes lets herself into the front garden at night, convinced that the cat is starving, she likes to push food through the catflap-in-the-window.

It's all about bodies lately - my research has led me to reading about London burial places and bodies on the Thames Foreshore. 

I teach Life Drawing in an old mortuary* - sited near the place on the Thames foreshore where bodies tend to wash up. Our model for the next couple of weeks is a body builder, pumped to the point that his head doesn't quite belong on that body but this might be a help to students who worry about being realistic.

*no longer functioning as a mortuary

image: Lucy Mcrae

2 comments:

  1. Geez. Catflap Lady could wreck the need for your cat-sitting business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - that's why I sleep with a loaded water pistol by my side

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails