Sunday, November 5

I have an arthritic thumb joint

I've heard that turmeric can alleviate the inflammation. I wasn't sure how to make it a regular part of my diet until my recent stay in Stoke Newington - a neighbourhood with a lot of cosmopolitan green grocers. A couple of weeks ago among the cascades of plantains, yellow dates, and dozens of UVIs* I spotted some nice-looking fresh turmeric, I bought a few knobs and took them back to experiment. Hand-grated turmeric is not kind to the mouth.

Luckily Stoke Newington is also the sort of neighbourhood where people like trends, the juice trend is over and these monster machines are being thrown to make way for 'Nutrient Extractors'.  Walking around the neighbourhood looking at my bright yellow hands I thought - I need a juicer - and like magic there was one on the wall. 

This beast has changed my life,  turmeric juice can be added with beneficial effect to EVERYTHING (I make a batch and freeze in ice cube trays) - the mashed turmeric fibres in the outbox are good in flapjacks.



*Unidentified Vegetable Objects

7 comments:

  1. Excellent find! Plus, the bight yellow hands were just in time for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I washed my face in the turmeric too so everything matches - didn't want to be too scary

      Delete
  2. I have a thumb strap you could have.it's ugly, but you could probably use a turmeric dye...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have ugly straps too, I should make some fancy bright ones

      Delete
  3. It's funny how we're all worried about being inflamed...
    Still, it seems providence is on the side of your experiment with tumeric. Keep us posted. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails